Take it With You!
Learn languages from your mobile phone!
How do you say Hello?
Transparent Language Online with byki
Transparent Language Online with byki ("before-you-know-it") is the name of an entire language-learning system based on vocabulary instruction, which includes desktop software, online applications, free content, articles, and games.
TLO/Byki is used throughout the Marine Corps, NASA, the Defense Language Institute, and other government organizations.
It offers over 80 languages, including English as a Second Language (ESL) courses. Features:
Who Can Use TLO/BYKI?
- Per MCCS instruction, only registered Library patrons in good standing (no overdues, lost/damaged items, etc.) are eligible for access to this program. Please contact the base library where you are stationed for more information.
I think I'm a registered library patron in good standing. What do I do next?
- If you are on MCB Quantico, contact Quantico Base Library staff (703-784-4348) who will check your account. Once confirmed, QBL staff will provide you with a Barcode/User ID. (This is NOT your library card barcode. Your library card barcode will not work at this time.)
- If you are stationed at a base other than Quantico, contact your base library staff for further instructions. We cannot create an account for anyone stationed at a different base.
- If you are deployed, view MARADMIN 620-11B 2.B for instructions on how to contact the Library Program Manager, HQ USMC. The Quantico Base Library cannot create accounts for deployed personnel.
- Visit the login page to set up your account.
- Enter the Barcode/User ID provided by Quantico Library staff.
I created my account. Now what?
- Explore! Click around the site and see what's there. You don't have to choose a language at this time - you'll be able to access all languages from a drop down menu each time you login. The program will remember where you left off with your lessons.
- Once you create your own username/password, you can access this program from anywhere. If you bookmark the launch page you will not need to access through the library page.
I'm having trouble. Who can I ask for help?
Contact base library staff if you forgot or lost your Barcode/User ID information. See profile box on the right for contact hours/info.
- Contact Tech Support at TLO/BYKI: visit their tech support page to search FAQs.