Taylor & Francis Online will be unavailable from Wednesday 25th January (23:00 GMT) to Thursday 26th January (03:00 GMT). This is due to scheduled database maintenance. T&F anticipate this maintenance will take four hours.
NEW DATABASE TRIAL
Noncommissioned Officers of the Marine Corps
We will not just ensure “Every Marine is a Rifleman,” we will emphasize combat leadership, knowledge, and proficiency throughout the continuum of training and education for our NCOs and staff NCOs, in addition to their military occupational specialty (MOS). We must ensure both PME and MOS skill development are modernized and designed to reach our entire officer population, regardless of opportunity to attend resident education, and the core knowledge and abilities are adequately acquired in any venue.
~General James T. Conway, Vision & Strategy 2025
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
~General George S. Patton, Jr. July 1941
- Know yourself and seek self-improvement.
- Be technically and tactically proficient.
- Develop a sense of responsibility among your subordinates.
- Make sound and timely decisions.
- Set the example.
- Know your Marines and look out for their welfare.
- Keep your Marines informed.
- Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions.
- Ensure assigned tasks are understood, supervised, and accomplished.
- Train your Marines as a team.
- Employ your command in accordance with its capabilities